“Migration policy challenges: from new arrivals to naturalisation”.
Migration Observatory 1st Annual Conference: “Migration policy challenges: from new arrivals to naturalization”, organised by Centro Studi Luca d’Agliano and Collegio Carlo Alberto, in collaboration with FIERI. Collegio Carlo Alberto – February 3, 2017.
Institutional greetings: Piero Gastaldo (Secretary General, Compagnia di San Paolo); Pietro Terna (President, Collegio Carlo Alberto); Giorgio Barba Navaretti (Scientific Director, LdA)
Introduction: Renato Saccone (Prefetto, Turin); Tommaso Frattini (University of Milan and LdA)
- Irene Bloemraad (University of California, Berkeley), “(How) Does Citizenship Matter? Theorizing Mechanisms and Methodology”;
- Bernt Bratsberg (Frisch Centre Oslo), “Citizenship and Economic Assimilation in Norway”;
- Simone Bertoli (CERDI), “Immigrant Selection and Migrant Quality: Evidence from the US“;
- Godfried Engbersen (Erasmus University Rotterdam), “No Time to Lose: from Reception to Integration of Refugees”;
- Dominik Hangartner (LSE), “When Lives Are Put on Hold: Lengthy Asylum Processes Increase Unemployment Among Refugees”.
Concluding remarks: Ferruccio Pastore (Director, FIERI); Tommaso Frattini (University of Milan and LdA)